Top 10 List of Things to Do at the Women’s Forum
—by Renee Wilson, president of the Northeast Region (USA) of MSLGROUP
This article was originally posted on the Renee in Real Time blog.
To kick it off my second year at the Women’s Forum, here’s my top ten list of what I’m most excited to see:
10. Hearing what Moira Forbes has to say about “what if we had to do even more to advance women in corporations.” She’s going to be asking “what should committed corporate leaders do to make a real difference?”
9. Seeing Patricia Szarvas of CNBC Europe interview Muhtar Kent, Coke CEO, about the corporate key drivers of today, ie, HR, digital, sustainability, e-reputation, etc.
8. Interacting with the panel of GenY ladies who will share perspectives on social values and career hopes.
7. Learning more about the “Stand Up For African Mothers Campaign Launch” and how I can help.
6. Looking for global trends as to how some of the global company participants are tackling their biggest challenges of the day.
5. Having the chance to pick up some work-life balance tips from other working moms doing the juggle struggle.
4. Admiring the global working women fashions that will be donned throughout the streets of Deauville, France during the meeting (Sorry – I have to be honest with you, my readers. I do observe the trends.)
3. Spending time with my fellow colleagues from MSLGroup: several great ladies and gentlemen and thinking of ways to bring more great MSLGroup women into leadership positions.
2. Hearing more about “what women’s empowerment will mean for men.” I’ve read a lot about this subject and will report back on the latest thinking in this area. For example, what if women’s empowerment has intensely positive ramifications for men that are not yet widely understood or discussed?
1. As always, making sure that I do something positive to advance the subject/cause/conversation for women coming up the ranks – especially for a special four year old of mine, Olivia, who will one day blaze a path of her own to do good. I’m sure of that.